Friday, May 30, 2008

Rockridge Reflection



Rockridge is different from the East Side of Oakland which is where I stay at. It is different because there is mostly Caucasians. It's also different because there are more shops that you can go visit. If you walk down College st it turns into Broadway st and there you find a Wendy's restaurant and farther down you find a Safeway. Two more blocks down and you will find Oakland Tech High School. A friend and I were lost, we didn't know where we were at until we found a Starbucks Coffee. We looked down and we saw a school, we didn't go down there but we waited a few minutes and teenagers started to go out for lunch. Since Oak Tech is the only shool that's farther away from the others we knew it was it. Something that I didn't like about Rockridge is that when we walked up to interview people, my friend was walking infront of all of us and I was behind him and two other friends behind me. Welll a man had gotten out of a store and he was just standing there and when my friend started walking towards him the man started to walk away and kept looking back to him. When we passed the store he had come out of, the lady behind the counter started to follow my friend with her eyes. when I saw that I called my friend's name so we could turn back. When the man saw that I called him he started walking back towards the store. I think that they were thinking that my friend was going to robb him or something. Just because he was wearing his jeans down low, a long white tee, a beanie, and his black hoodie around his neck. That's what I didn't like that they were judging him without even knowing him. Someting that I did like about Rockridge is that the streets are cleaner than in the East Side of Oakland.

No comments: