Friday, June 6, 2008

Refection: Alameda

Yesterday we went to Alameda for almost the whole day. There it was way different then here in Oakland; the sidewalks, the streets, the shops, the restaurants, and the people were all different. The streets were different because they had little lights to warn the cars that there were people about to cross. The sidewalks had cracks and gum like in Oakland but the sidewalks were bigger and had trees on every single sidewalk. Another thing that some sidewalks had is a bush near the streets. The shops were different too. There were a lot of shops and some restaurants as you walked down the sidewalks of Alameda. In Alameda I mostly saw Caucasians, but I did see Latinos and African Americans.

After we did our interviews we got to go to the beach so we all took the bus there. When we got to the beach, it was windier. We got to play there for like an hour. My friends and me took a little walk, and then we took off our shoes to walk along the edge of the water. The water felt good; it wasn’t hot or cold, it was perfect. Then we decided to let our feet get dry so we could wipe the sand off, so we sat down and talked while we were waiting. Yesterday was a really fun day, I really liked it because I’ve been to the beach before but I haven’t gone to the beach after the Point Reyes trip.

No comments: